Teacher Goso (Tanzania)



According to folklore, long ago in Tanzania there lived a teacher who was highly respected by his students. Guru Goso is his name. He is known to be very wise. He gives his students patience. In one day, as usual Teacher Goso gave his students lessons under a palm tree. Suddenly, a coconut fell and crashed into the head of Teacher Goso. As a result, teacher Goso passed out.

Seeing Teacher Goso faint, his students panicked. They immediately took him to the teacher's house. Some of Teacher Goso's students tried to find out who dropped the coconut. They think the wind is the culprit. "This is really wind action. It is very difficult to make a coconut fall." Said a student. 

Hearing the student's words, the wind replied, "No, I am not the culprit. I am not as strong as you think. If I hit a mountain, I will stop blowing. The mountain is stronger than me." 

Guru Goso's students agreed with the wind's answer, and then they came to the mountain. They were blamed for the fall of the coconut to the mountain. Received accusations, the mountain was rejected, "I am not as strong as you think. Mice are stronger than me. It can make holes in my body." 

Guru Goso's students agreed with the mountain's answer. They then go mouse. "I can't drop a coconut. I made a hole in the mountain to avoid the cat. So, the cat is stronger than me." mouse reasoned that it was not the culprit. 

Teacher Goso's students then leave the cat, but the cat is refused to drop the coconut. "How can I drop a coconut? I can't climb a tree. Only smart squirrels climb a coconut tree." Answer the cat. 

The students of Teacher Goso also agreed with the cat's answer. They know squirrels can climb coconut trees. They then together came to the squirrel's nest. Facing the charges of the students of Teacher Goso, the squirrel could not escape. Squirrel admitted that he did it. "Sorry, because of carelessness, your teacher fainted. From now on I will be careful when climbing a coconut tree." 

The students of Teacher Goso then forgive the squirrel. They ask that squirrels be more careful when climbing coconut trees. Since then the squirrel becomes careful when taking coconuts. 

message from the story: all beings on earth have abilities and disabilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment